[chimerax-users] Difficulties Visualizing Isosurfaces from Cube File - Nathan Wood

Elaine Meng meng at cgl.ucsf.edu
Tue Jul 13 08:58:52 PDT 2021

Hi Nathan,
The previous posts aren't that relevant... April 2021 doesn't apply unless your cube file contains atomic coordinates that you are trying to view.  The relevant part of the May 2020 post is:
"If you open a .cube file it will automatically show as isosurfaces."

You could still use the Volume Viewer interface after that to adjust the isosurface levels and their colors, of course.

Don't know what you mean by "from the shell" or "difficulties" or "incompletely visualize" though.  You can first start ChimeraX and then use its File... Open menu, or the "open" command, e.g. "open browse" if you want to use a file browser interface to locate your cube file.  Make sure you are using a reasonably new ChimeraX, e.g. the latest production release.

If that doesn't show isosurfaces, I couldn't say anything else unless you provide the cube file itself and probably also give more details about what exactly is problematic.
I hope this helps,
Elaine
-----
Elaine C. Meng, Ph.D.