[chimerax-users] How to access ChimeraX remotely from macbook (OS mojave)?

Rayees Mattoo rmattoo at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 22 13:31:09 PDT 2021

Hi,
I am trying to access ChimeraX remotley using my mac book pro. The ChimeraX is installed on linux machine. Upon launching, the chimeraX GUI appears and suddenly disappears with the following error message: "ChimeraX requires OpenGL graphics version 3.3. Your computer graphics driver provided version 1.4, Try updating your graphics driver".
My mac currently has macOS mojave version 10.14.6 and it seems it does not have OpenGL graphics version 3.3 required to display chimeraX remotely. Is there any way out to fix the problem? Not sure if updating my macbook to Catalina or BigSur is going to help!

Best
Rayees