[chimerax-users] Moving labels

Elaine Meng meng at cgl.ucsf.edu
Wed Jul 14 09:05:13 PDT 2021

Dear Maciej,
Sorry, I don't think there is a way to move the 3D labels in Z (closer/farther) with the mouse.  To use the "move labels" mouse mode, you would need to turn the whole view and move the label in X/Y instead.  Another possibility is to use the "offset" option of the "label" command, see:

<https://rbvi.ucsf.edu/chimerax/docs/user/commands/label.html#options>

As far as I know, only Chimera had a way to move the 3D labels in Z with the mouse, not ChimeraX.

I hope this helps,
Elaine
-----
Elaine C. Meng, Ph.D.