[chimerax-users] "Render by attribute" tool in ChimeraX

Eric Pettersen pett at cgl.ucsf.edu
Tue Jul 6 09:53:06 PDT 2021

Hi Francesco,
	You will have to resort to a tiny bit of Python in order to set the atomic radii to be the same as the bfactors.  Open ChimeraX's Python shell (Tools→General→Shell) and, assuming that the structure is the only model open, type:

	atoms = session.models[0].atoms
	atoms.radii = atoms.bfactors

After that you should be able to use the normal "surface" and "measure volume" commands to create the surface and measure its volume.

--Eric

	Eric Pettersen
	UCSF Computer Graphics Lab