[chimerax-users] "Render by attribute" tool in ChimeraX

Francesco Musiani francesco.musiani at unibo.it
Tue Jul 6 09:06:56 PDT 2021

Dear ChimeraX developers,
I would like to use one feature from the old "render by attribute" tool
present in Chimera.

My aim is to adapt the atomic radius of a series of atoms according to
the value written in the B-factor column of the PDB file.
Then I would like to calculate the molecular surface of the resulting
molecule in order to calculate the surface volume.
Chimera can do the first part by using "render by attribute" tool, but
unfortunately it fails in the creation of the surface of the resulting
molecule.
How can I achieve the same result by using ChimeraX?

Thanks in advance.

Francesco