[chimerax-users] Python/Pip Inquiry - ChimeraX - Nathan Wood

Nathan Wood woodn at ufl.edu
Mon Jul 5 18:16:49 PDT 2021

Dear ChimeraX

With regards to the python and pip utilities organic to ChimeraX, is it
possible to use the conda installed modules within the same script
executed by ChimeraX? When running the script through ChimeraX I return
an error that the module is not found.

The module was installed using "pip install -e . " while in the conda
environment. When I attempted this using the pip provided in ChimeraX
Daily Release (22/06/2021, Generic X64 Linux) I return the error:

/"/tmp/chx-develop.eKjBho/ChimeraX.app/bin/python3.8: bad interpreter:
No such file or directory"/

This error can be resolved if I modify the /"#!"/ at the beginning of
the pip in a text editor to the python3.8 found within ChimeraX, with
pip installing correctly, but ChimeraX still returning that the module
is not found. Furthermore I believe this method is not sound.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Very Respectfully,

Nathan Wood