[chimerax-users] Question about libLLVM

Greg Couch gregc at cgl.ucsf.edu
Mon Jul 5 13:14:30 PDT 2021

For CentOS 8, there should be no difference between the ChimeraX 1.1 and
ChimeraX 1.2 dependency on LLVM.  There is no direct dependency on
LLVM.  The dependency comes from ChimeraX's dependency on CentOS 8's
mesa-libOSMesa.  No version number is given for mesa-libOSMesa, so any
version your system provides should work.  The version of LLVM needed by
mesa-libOSMesa varies depending on which version of CentOS 8 you have
installed.  On our CentOS 8 build VM, it happens to be LLVM version 10.
On a CentOS Stream 8 machine I have access to, it is LLVM version 12.
The CentOS 8 ChimeraX 1.2 rpm installs on both.

So I believe the problem is something to do with your particular setup.
I hope I have given you enough clues to figure it out .

     -- Greg