[chimerax-users] Question about libLLVM

Zhe Wang anchorwz at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 5 03:10:35 PDT 2021

Hi,

We were trying to install ChimerX 1.2 on our Centos 8 system.
It seems like ChimeraX 1.2 asks for libLLVM with version 10 which is not a
default package that built in the rpm. The default one for CentOS 8 is
version 9. Centos 7 does not provide and not available in EPEL either.
Could ChimeraX provide the corresponding library for centos 8 and 7?

Another question that I have is if the following is correct for ChimeraX
1.1: ChimeraX 1.1 is using the default libLLVM3.9-mesa.so for centos 8. And
for centos 7, you have ChimeraX 1,1 using the libOSMesa.so.8.0.0 which
ChimeraX provided, as I see ChimeraX 1.1 works fine one both, but not 1.2.

Best,
Zhe