[chimerax-users] Automated Fitting of models into maps and saving fits with a correlation score > X

Tom Goddard goddard at sonic.net
Mon Jul 26 15:15:13 PDT 2021

Hi Matthias,

  You can run ChimeraX command scripts or Python scripts without a GUI, just start it at the shell with the "--nogui" option, for example

	chimerax --nogui mycommands.cxc

I made some example Python code that runs fitmap search and saves PDB files for each unique fit with correlation over 0.9.

	https://rbvi.github.io/chimerax-recipes/fit_search/fit_search.html <https://rbvi.github.io/chimerax-recipes/fit_search/fit_search.html>

I don't expect this to be a good way to search tomograms.  It will be very inefficient.  Template matching code designed for that problem is likely to work much better.  Such code usually uses Fourier space methods to search all translations at once, so it can be much faster and more thorough.  Even with that optimization it takes a long time to do the rotational search.

  Tom

Example search of monomers in 14-mer GroEL.