[chimerax-users] dssp works on whole chain

Elaine Meng meng at cgl.ucsf.edu
Mon Jul 26 08:27:37 PDT 2021

Dear Haofeng Wang,
There is an additional value that needs to be set (ss_id), to tell the program that it is really one long helix and not two helices (some structures have two different helices that are adjacent).

How to do this is described in previous posts, for example,part #2 of this message:
<https://www.rbvi.ucsf.edu/pipermail/chimerax-users/2020-February/000902.html>

... here are additional messages on the same topic, but they say basically the same thing as the above:
<https://www.rbvi.ucsf.edu/pipermail/chimerax-users/2019-August/000629.html>
<https://www.rbvi.ucsf.edu/pipermail/chimerax-users/2021-March/002006.html>

I hope this helps,
Elaine