[chimerax-users] Model missing residues in Chimera X

He, Amy he.1768 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Jul 23 05:52:54 PDT 2021

Dear Chimera X community,

I’m a new user of Chimera X and I have a question about the built-in Modeller function in Chimera X

Previously in Chimera 2, we use the “Model/Refine Loop” function to model missing residues in the experimental structure, before any further calculation or simulations. The “Model/Refine Loop” function uses Modeller and the function provides modeled, complete structures in which the non-missing residues do not move.

In Chimera X, a similar function is “Modeller Comparative” but it works differently. The “Modeller Comparative” performs a modeling for the full structure with the given sequence.

Is possible in Chimera X to model the missing residues, without moving the existent residues?

Thank you for your kind advice in advance!

Thanks,
Amy

--
Amy He