[chimerax-users] Making movie with crop function

Elaine Meng meng at cgl.ucsf.edu
Wed Jul 7 17:28:44 PDT 2021

HI Shiqing,
Depends what you mean by "cropping" ... a named view includes any global clipping as shown in the Side View.

However, zones and map cropping are not included in the view.  You would have to reapply the zoning or cropping command (e.g. for a cropped map use "volume" command with "region" option to specify what subregion of the map is shown).  If you originally crop using the mouse, you can see the corresponding command in the Log.

I hope this helps,
Elaine
-----
Elaine C. Meng, Ph.D.