[Chimera-users] Need help- Why there is network connection
Siddhartha Pradhan (Contractor)
siddhartha.pradhan1 at gilead.com
Tue Apr 13 06:54:08 PDT 2021
Before we install any software in our system within Gilead organization, we do the software security assessment. During our assessment for " UCSF ChimeraX v1.1", we found below external network connection is being made.
1. Connection to 188.8.131.52 on tcp/80 (www.msftconnecttest.com)
* Why the network connection is being made and what is the reason behind it?
* Is there any sorts of data transfer is being happened from the user system, if yes then what kind of data are being transferred?
* Is there any settings in the application to disable the network connections?
* If users can use the software to export/import data. Is there any cloud service associated with this?
It would be of great help if you can kindly give a clarity for the above network connection ASAP.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Chimera-users