[Chimera-users] Doubt regarding cryeom map density threshold setting

Tom Goddard goddard at sonic.net
Tue Jul 24 12:17:50 PDT 2012

Hi Rakesh,

   The Chimera web proxy settings in Preferences / Web Access do not
support proxy servers which require authentication.  Chimera is using
the Python language urllib module http_proxy environment variable
described here:

     http://docs.python.org/library/urllib.html

and it says if this variable is not used then the proxy settings are
obtained on Windows from the registry's Internet Settings section.  You
also might be able to set the http_proxy environment variable yourself
including the user name and password as described at the bottom (Oct 15,
2010) of this discussion

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34079/how-to-specify-an-authenticated-proxy-for-a-python-http-connection

I've made a Chimera bug database entry for this problem but think you
will need to solve this outside of Chimera.

     http://plato.cgl.ucsf.edu/trac/chimera/ticket/11212

   You can google for Giovanni and get  his email.  It was in the top
hit searching for Giovanni Cardone NIH.

   Supplementary figure 5 of " GTPase activation of elongation factor
EF-Tu by the ribosome during decoding", Schuette, et al. says "The local
CCC was calculated within a moving box (size 9x9x9 pixels at 1.26 Å
pixel size) in steps of 4 pixels. "  Although the figure caption says it
was made with Chimera, that moving box calculation is not a Chimera
capability and they must have written their own code or used someone
else's code to do that and you would need to ask them.

     Tom