Dougherty, Matthew T
matthewd at bcm.edu
Wed Nov 24 13:13:14 PST 2010
Getting these parameters in is critical to stereo animation production.
Without it, it becomes cumbersome for simple animations. One set of stereo parameters that has to be typed in every time. One stereo camera parameter set fits all camera movements of an image sequence.
And impossible for anything complex, such as camera transitions.
So in the interim it looks like one would need to generate python commands to set non-interpolated parameters and mix that with chimera script commands. So all transitions would need to be cuts.
From: Elaine Meng [meng at cgl.ucsf.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:45 PM
To: Dougherty, Matthew T
Cc: chimera-users at cgl.ucsf.edu BB
Subject: Re: [Chimera-users] reset/stereo
My understanding is that a "position" (what is saved with savepos and restored with reset) includes only the following, and not any stereo parameters:
* the transformations of models (their rotations and translations relative to input coordinates)
* the overall scale
* clipping plane<http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera/docs/UsersGuide/clipping.html> status, locations, and orientations
* the center of rotation method<http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera/docs/UsersGuide/sideview.html#rotation>
Thus the question of how stereo parameters would be interpolated is moot, since they are not even saved. This understanding is based on explanations from the other staff and my own experiments, but perhaps the programming members of the team will have more detailed insights. Also, it may be possible to better integrate stereo parameters with position- or keyframe-saving in the future, so it is good that you are bringing up these issues.
Elaine C. Meng, Ph.D.
UCSF Computer Graphics Lab (Chimera team) and Babbitt Lab
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
University of California, San Francisco
On Nov 24, 2010, at 12:29 PM, Dougherty, Matthew T wrote:
I had a couple questions about using the reset command.
Let's say I have two keyframes (e.g., kf0,kf1) such that the stereo parameters are different between the two.
1) If I do a "savepos kf0" are the stereo parameters saved as part of the keyframe?
2) If I start at kf0 and do a "reset kf1 100", should the stereo parameters be interpolated across the 100 frames?
Chimera-users mailing list
Chimera-users at cgl.ucsf.edu<mailto:Chimera-users at cgl.ucsf.edu>
More information about the Chimera-users