[chimera-dev] select opt

Eric Pettersen pett at cgl.ucsf.edu
Mon Sep 21 14:11:03 PDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 7:27 AM, Victor Muñoz wrote:

> I'd like to know if there's a way to select the select mode "append"
> using the
> command line instead of the visual interface.

Hi Victor,
	There isn't a way to do that, but it typically isn't necessary.  The
"|" and "&" characters perform union and intersection operations
respectively.  So for example you can add all LYS residues to the
current selection with:

	sel sel | : LYS

or you could intersect the current selection with LYS residues with:

	sel sel & :LYS

If you really need to change the mode for some reason, let me know
what that reason is and maybe we can add something.

                         Eric Pettersen
                         UCSF Computer Graphics Lab

P.S. The "|" character is a vertical bar, not a capital i, in case
that's not clear in the font you're using.